Man died from electric shock when he fell asleep next to his phone on charge

The 34-year-old was found dead after getting a shock from his mobile by his bedside (Picture: Viral Press)

A jewellery shop worker was found by his colleagues after he was killed from an electric shock as he slept next to his mobile phone, it is claimed.

Puttawat Kamwan, 34, did not turn up for work three days in a row, so worried colleagues decided to visit his apartment in Samut Prakan, Thailand.

However when they got into his bedroom they found him collapsed and decomposing on the bed with his hand on his mobile phone.

Photos from the scene show Mr Kamwan’s bedroom with the charger and power cord lying next to his bed.

His colleague Pantatip Kanthong, 22, said: ‘We work at a jewellery shop.. He was absent for three days and did not answer his phone.’

‘After work, we went to his room but we found his door was open. We went inside with the landlady and found him.’

Building owner Nattanit Hawharn, 31, said Puttawat stayed home alone and was usually silent in his room so she didn’t think anything was wrong.

Emergency services in Thailand said he had been dead for at least three days before he was found (Picture: ViralPress)
The shop worker was found next to his phone charger after he is believed to have died after an electric shock (Picture: ViralPress)
Mr Kamwan was discovered by colleagues after he didn’t turn up for work for three days (Picture: ViralPress)

She said: ‘He was usually quiet and rested in his room or drank cans of beer after work. We saw his door was opened. We thought he was only sick.’

Investigating officer police captain Pongnarin Nontanok of Bang Phli police station said they found no traces of assault.

He said: ‘Puttawat Kamwan was still lying on his bed. His right arm was also touching the charging phone.

‘We found no trace of assault. From the evidence, he had been dead for at least three days.

‘His corpse was bloated and sent foul stench across the room.’

Pongnarin added that Puttawat might have been killed by short-circuiting as his arm was lying on the charging phone.

The policeman said: ‘The initial investigation reports noted the presence of the phone and charging cable, so electrocution was suspected as the cause of death.

‘This was confirmed with an autopsy at the Ramathibodi Chakri Naruebodindra Hospital in Bangkok.’

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected]

For more stories like this, check our news page.

Source link

Denial of responsibility! planetcirculate is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.